Saturday, July 16, 2016

Towel Charms

I guess the Trump-introduces-Mike-Pence show this morning was cringe-inducing. I didn't watch it, and can't stand to watch the video of it either. (Trump's speeches are just... so.... boring in their repetitiveness.)

But I did read all about one thing that Pence's wife Karen spends her time on: selling towel charms. Even dumber than wine charms, Karen Pence's $6.25 product is designed to help you tell your towels apart.

The linked article skewers the product effectively, so I don't need to add to it. But it makes me think about all the waste in our society and the unneeded products we've buried ourselves in. Not to mention what Karen Pence's life must be like if this is a "problem" she was worried about enough to design a product to solve.

2 comments:

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Bwahahaha.

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable! Who are these people with matching beach towels! We all have separate ones. The dialogue from her was the best. Thanks for a laugh, Pat, I've been staying away from this comedy of errors in general but that was priceless.